Tuesday, March 30, 2010

And THIS time Turkish, I do mean it.

I know I said THIS TIME I was going to post more. Yeah, well, maybe this time.

We are going to be turning a .49 acre property w/ 5br house, 2 car garage, 2 sheds, and a semi-functional fence into a backyard homestead. We will have a total of 10 fruit trees, a rasp/wineberry patch. A blueberry patch. An herb garden. A veggie garden. 6 chickens and 4 goats. Eventually we will have a smoke house, a greenhouse and a canning/processing kitchen in the garage. Other projects are to include a solar water heater for at least 1 of the hot water tanks. A wood stove for the living room. Various useless ornamental plants will come out and edible ones will go in. Oy. I might be insane.

1 comment:

missbuck said...

MIGHT be insane? Methinks you give yourself too much credit there. ;)
Just embrace your full-fledged insaneness and accept the real you.

We do.